I Love Africa . . . Well, Everything But the Internet

It's all so new and strange here, but I finally feel like I've found a spot and figured out how I can best assist these people. The internet take a LONG time . . . thus why this is my first post, but I find myself being extremely grateful for the smaller things in life. I truly love the people. They love music and religion a LOT, they are very social and personal--for them the most important thing is not the task at hand but the people involved in that task. It's pretty great, actually. The boda boda rides (motorcycle taxis, basically) are fun and new, the food is good but very plain and simple, I, a curvacious white woman, is a HUGE commodity here and it's funny because that's how Africans like their women. I've never gotten so many whistles in my life. haha But all is well, I miss everybody, and life is good. LOVES!

3 comments:

Jackie Sullivan said...

YEAH KATIE! I'm so excited to hear from you! I'm sorry my e-mail didn't make it to you, I worte the address down wrong, but I think I have it now so the next one will get to you. You work being a "white woman" it's good times!

LizMcG said...

I miss you so much.I am so said that I didn't see you before you left, but there was some confusion. I am also insanely jealous of the expereince you are having. seriously, I think this will put a real strain on our relationship. in the mean while, have fun... but not too much luv ya

Megnificent said...

Katie!!!!! YEA! Haha! I'm so glad you're having a good experience! You've always been a hot commodity to me. Now, you have two assignments. 1--TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING! 2--Write me two haikus about your experience, something beautiful, sad, different or a person you've met. MWAH!