Okay. I'm going to indulge something I don't think I EVER have. Never, ever was I one of those little girls who looked through magazines at wedding dresses or dreamt up any ideas about what her day would be like. To be honest I never even really thought too much about what the guy would be like, much less the day itself. I never picked out kids' names and I CERTAINLY had no idea what my wedding ring would look like. And it's not that I'm so altered that I feel I'm even ready for marriage. I am in no way desperate or "waiting for the right guy to come along" or anything like that...I definitely still feel I have a lot to do and want to be before I commit myself to someone forever. I admit I'm a teensy bit of a feminist (at least comparable to many Mormon women) when it comes to this and I want to be married when it is the right time to be married. For me it feels like I still have some time. And I also have a feeling I'm not going to find my guy in Utah. I just have a feeling. However, I am a little more OPEN to the concept of it. And with a lot of friends, people very close and important to me, being married or getting married, it's got me thinking about things. So...this is just a little wish list. A little treasure trove of ideas that could be, if you will.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hold the phone. Are those pillows a CAKE? Amazing.
Also, June always makes me think about weddings even though, like you, I'm not at all in a let's-get-married kinda mood. It's just this darn month.
Also, hey! I started following your blog. Creepy? I always feel so creepy while leaving a first comment.

Katie Sue said...

No way is it creepy! I love it! I haven't blogged in an age... love having this ever-growing cyber-ship with you, Mel! heehee :)