Hare Krishna Festival of Colors!

I'm so happy Adam is making a Zoolander face here.
Cute nose, Sar-bear.
The temple . . . and just a taste of how many people were there.
Yeah . . . we were covered!
Adam and Meg . . . cutie little dancers!
Me . . . after the tumultuous event.


So . . . I went to the Hare Krishna festival of colors. And it was one of the best things I have ever done! It was just joyous and celebratory (Maybe that's not a word, but it fits this) and wonderful! In case you don't know this is what it is: Hare Krishna is roughly a form of Hinduism and there is a temple for this religion in Spanish Fork. It's a really interesting and beautiful building if you haven't seen it, I really suggest you take a trip. They have llama petting and yoga classes at random, almost all the time if you need an excuse. But several times a year they have festivals and this most recent one is called the festival of colors. The festival is intended to welcome springtime and all the colors this time of year brings with it. (Yes, completely ironic that this festival was the day before it snowed :) LOL) Thus, people go and you throw colored chalk at each other. That's the most complex part of the whole thing. It's just all about dancing and singing and joy and love and I think it's fantastic! Definitely as close as cute little Mormon Utah Valley kids can get to hippy celebration and still return home with honor. . . JOKE! Well, kinda. But I just think that it is a completely unique and life-altering experience. I feel good celebrating with these people in something they have strong convictions about. And it was way fun getting covered in chalk! Who am I kidding? All my roommates went along with a couple other people in my apartments and then in my group was Cooper, Landon(See, you did get mentioned! I love you!), Adam, and Meg. It was totally a perfect group. So much fun!

3 comments:

Megnificent said...

Yea! This was such a good day! :)

Anonymous said...

why is your blog and my blog not linked together?

Why is meg's blog not readable?? It never lets me open it to read.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to put pictures on my blog.... also i don't know how to link blogs on my page.... why do you not help me with any of this kind of stuff? We both no i'm not the technical person...thats why i have adam. Haha. Sheesh.