Katie's Weird Movie Habits

This was the greatest surprise which ever happened to me. It's not the chick-flicky part of it I love--although it's a plus, but it's how intriguing and interesting and unique the characters are. They're individuals I would love to know personally.
If this one needs explanation, then really I'm completely ashamed of you.
Jane Eyre--the most recent version by BBC. I love the story in all of it's forms anyway; it may be one of my most favorite literary creations. But this film is heart-wrenching and gorgeous and passionate, it's just . . . oh, my heart!
I just rediscovered and was immediately taken back to so many happy places. Try it with your favorite Disney Classics. You won't be disappointed.
Sometimes, all I want is an awesome car chase, some blown up buildings and some sweet gun action. This is one of the most classic fulfillments of that.

So, I have a system when it comes to movies. It's completely pathetic and doesn't make any sense, but it is what it is. Whenever I discover a movie I love, I watch it over and over and over again until it completely takes over every part of my life. It seems as though somewhere deep within my twisted, insane psyche, I can not be content until my latest movie love fulfills all of my senses. Once I have gotten to a point where I sleep, eat, drink, dream, quote, physicalize and whatever else is needed can I finally move on to something else. And not just the content in the movie, but also all the information surrounding the movie: the producers, directors, actors, making of, history of the story, creation, and any number of worthless knowledge I'll never be able to apply to real life. There also is no rhyme or reason to how this happens--it doesn't even have to be a new movie; it doesn't even have to be a movie I have never seen. Sometimes I see ridiculously old movies--a silent, a film noir, a Golden Age musical; movies which everyone else was over one, two, three, five years earlier; or even movies I have seen before but only realize when watching it later how much I really do love it . . . and then the system of obsession begins. It's very freakish. Above are some of my current movie obsessees.
LColeW

0 comments: