Robber Bridegroom is over!

Kindof nothing to do with the show at all--just after at Denny's one night, but I think it's one of the funniest photographs of all time. I had to share it!

My favorite girls! Meagan, Meg, Me, Lisa, and Blue (In clockwise order starting on the left)

A whole bunch of us at the set strike.


The girls in their cute little costumes--yipee!


A bunch of us before the show: Meg, Margaret, Landon, Cooper, and me!

Landon Cole Welch

These pictures are of my most recent of excursions, the famous musical extravaganza The Robber Bridegroom--a UVSC Production held at the SCERA Theater. It was a great experience but I do have some things to share on the matter. As for all of you that have not experienced the exciting world of theatrical arts, allow me to update you on one of the ongoing problems with this particular field. For those of you familiar with the routine, I'm sure you will concur with what I have to say. The problem is that theatre is a transient sort of world. One is never with the same people or in the same place very long--and yet, at the same time, one is supposed to experience the deepest and most life-altering and compelling of emotions through this faculty with others at the drop of a hat. The result is that you come to love and care for very deeply people which soon you go from seeing every moment of every day and evening to seeing either a) never again b) rarely or c) if you're very lucky, the next time you do a show together again. Simply, it can be heart breaking! So, that is my most recent dilemma. One which I will experience again and again in my life, but it never makes the process any easier or less frustrating. I still want to see my friends all the time! Haha, but I'm sure that everything will be fine and at least in my current situation, I do still see these great people at school and we'll be in plays together again, but for now, it's really tough! :) Overall, The Robber Bridegroom was a great experience and I really learned a lot about myself as a performer and a new genre of theatre I hadn't tried before . . .so it was good.

1 comments:

Megnificent said...

Remember that time when you need to update your blog more? Cause I do, and it's now. Ha