A little rough--but just an experimental piece

*I don't usually attempt poetry that rhymes. I do feel that there's merit in the fact that is has a meter but it's still free form, however--so maybe we'll try to make that work in the future.

Looking into existence, Did I steal that from another?
Shooting stars will come and go, Learning from my mother.

I should have known they'd always be right;
It was obvious to see that there was little in flight.

Is that upsetting? Or does it feel okay?
Content and rebellion taunt as night to day.

I'm changing my forum, breathing in new life.
While keeping that which questions . . . as the butter upon a knife.

There's something silly and sweet--unassuming and tall;
I need not know about the square or the straight, but rather the diagonal.

Language feeds me, as the earth's divine nectar to a worm;
Not so dull am I to believe that only the "high-minded" can offer something to learn.

Give me the combination--let me hear the ring.
Or at the least, leave me here . . . for man is a giddy thing.

0 comments: