I finally looked back on 2009 with a smile . . .

All the cast getting ready before the show. Yeah. We're pretty damn cool.



Julie Olson and I. I'm obsessed with this girl. She's crazy and funny and fun and a lot like me only more great.



Me dancing with Chris Clark's super cute daughter Phoebe. And don't worry that really IS my costume. 1980's reporter--fan freaking tabulous.


I'll be honest, it was a rough year. I mean there were a lot of good things too, but . . . um . . . wow. I kicked it off with CHESS the musical at Utah Valley University directed by Dave Tinney. Leads included Kari Rymer as main girl that has pretty ballads, Darick Pead as cocky American chess player we all hate, Collin Thomas as sweet yet quiet and pretty awesome Russian chess player, Jake Suazo as Russian hitman we love, Kyle Hess as confusing American agent type role that no one really cares about, Jyllian Petrie as sad and sweet Russian girl (wife to the Russian chess player that essentially betrays her, but we still kind of really love him even though we feel bad for him) Highlights of the whole experience: Singing "Nobody's on Nobody's Side" in an awesome power vignette as an entire cast thing, becoming friends with Rebecca-crap-last-name? (the black one who's sweet and quiet), becoming friends with Julie Olson (for real besties), being closer to Rebecca Cain (I don't care what anyone says; she's a sweetheart), getting to know Dan Garner (who is such a cool human!) and being stage managed by Cyndy Stephenson. I also got to know Kayleigh Robinson lots better and I do love her. Also, Jeremy Minagro was definitely a mega-crush for me. Oh yeah, Lisa Russo was also a little mini-lead but who even cares. It was funny because Nicholas Grossaint and I weren't friends in that show and totally talk about it all the time. It was funny. Meg Rush was in it too and we all know how much I love her; it was a rocky time for us, but we got over it.

0 comments: