did you ever know that you're my hero.

and everything i would like to be.

and i. i can fly higher than an eagle.

for you. you are the wind beneath my wings.



It seemed appropriate than only an incorrect minimalistic sort of punctuation here would suffice for how this bit of prose makes me feel. Bored. Completely and utterly bored. And yet, what is the song, nay not just song but same part of song that has been the bain of my existence i.e. constantly running through my brain, not letting me rest or stop thinking, or think of any other human being than Bette Midler as of late? This one. And when I say as of late I mean the last five weeks as of late. Yet, what do I do about it? Try to replace it with other songs . . . oh yes. Have tried. The new song will stick for a few minutes, hours, but sometime later the lines of this 80's hit creeps its scathing, slimy way back into my psyche. It also doesn't help that I'm the type who always has a song running through my head. Next possible options: always change the subject when it pops up--like one of those people who swears too much and thus carries around a new word with its definiton on a card in their pocket . . . but where does this lead? My issue with this attempt is that somehow I always end up thinking about how I started thinking about what I am now thinking about in the first place which roots me back to the song that I purposefully tried to stop thinking about. Fascist Bette Midler. And here we are again. Thinking to myself, "

did you never know that you're my hero.

and everything i would like to be.

and i. i can fly higher than an eagle.

for you. you are the wind beneath my wings.

It's made me start to hate the visual image of a regal, gorgeous flying bald eagle, too. And then that makes me feel a little unpatriotic. Which gets me thinking of my own patriotism. Which then makes me think of Bush. Which then leads my thoughts to McCain. And then Romney. Preceding Obama. Followed by Clinton. Hilary then Bill. And then Monica Lewinsky. And then back to Bette Midler. Fascist. (To which she responds, "Turncoat.")

4 comments:

LizMcG said...

This was really funny. sounds like something I would write. we are so dang funny.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to give you snaps for the hilarity of this post. But I'll i'm sayin is i Love me some Bette. I could totally love going to see her show in vegas. Also, its only been 10 days since my last post so nig please.....i do update. but honey there isn't anything to update about. Cause I don't have anyone to go out with and do anything with to write about. Well except for with Adam, but I don't have him bugging me about blogging, so I kinda forget alot. And we have lots of fun when we do things, but it would be kinda boring to write about. Like well today adam and I went to the Movies, or today we drove 4-wheelers around the farm. Like seriously..... well actually I do have some good stories, but Ya know what, i don't have much time to sit on the computer and write them down. But if my friends wanted to know about them they would visit more so we could talk, and thats all i have to say about the whole matter. ( :) ) that was all said nicely ps

Megnificent said...

HA! Love it! I share your loathing. Play with me soon!

A and O said...

Hilarious!

Admission: Last time I visited your blog, I scanned through everything and thought that you had just posted the lyrics to "Wind Beneath My Wings" ...and did not bother to read further.
But to my delight this time, I realized that there was commentary at the bottom--so funny!
I'm sorry about your curse, I hope you can magically break the spell.

PS--I don't think that Bette has any right to call you unpatriotic when she herself has destroyed so many american lives.