Good Week

This week was really unique, full of events, and really fun. It was just a good week. Here's how it broke down:
Sunday-Mother's Day. Go to old home ward with my parents cuz it's the day of maternalism celebraty and I saw a number of old friends from my Young Women days that are home for the summer or the weekend and lots of similar faces in the adults. It was cool too to see some the kids I used to babysit; one was passing the sacrament and that tripped me out! I felt old for a second. But the rest of the day was great . . . my whole family went to my aunt's house for a grand celebration with my cousins that are in town from Wisconsin,? Michigan?, jk Texas. Then we all came back to the Sullivan casa and swam. Good day with family.
Monday-Went to class, felt academic. Went to work, felt like I contributed to the gross national product. Slept because I didn't feel well, felt revitalized. Went to my night class, professor didn't show up, thus played with Meg, Jake, Margaret, Margaret's friend. (Tom?) Then returned to the Sullivan casa, swam. Kim, Kristy, Cooper, and his friend Aubrey swam with us too. Good fun.
Tuesday-slept in . . . glorious. Went to temple with Liz . . . ethereal. Ran errands . . . accomplished. Watched 6 hour Pride & Prejudice with Liz (Not even kidding) . . . decadent with a twist of slothful. Swam with Liz . . . fun. I like this pool thing.
Wednesday-Test in government, think I did really well! Worked, feeling of "getting things done," or "checking off the list" is good. I like feeling like I did real, measurable, solid work. Played with Angie. That was great. I miss her. We caught up on a lot of things. Talked and then swam in my pool. Is that fourth night in a row? Oooo, and new clothes came in the mail! I buy my swimming suits online--have you ever tried to find a modest suit that doesn't look like it belongs on *insert favorite famous unattractive overweight old woman with bad style here*? It's impossible. Online searching is quicker--thus why I buy my suits there, and oldnavy.com was having a dress sale too, and my mom said she'd buy me these clothes, so naturally. . .
Thursday-Ran "me" errands. You know, the stupid things that stack up that just have to get done? Dumb things, random things, but still the same, things. Things that take time. But then, had a Caitlin day. So fun. Drove up to her coffee shop on Bangerter where she made me chai. (She really does make a fantastic chai.) Then we went to the yarn store of her heart, and an adorable pastry shop, and food at a pizzeria downtown, and then walked the Gateway--for hours. It was fantastic. I bought more than I can afford and nothing I really need, but it was fun. Two books of poetry, new purple nail polish (which I all ready got comments about so I know is a good purchase) a craft which was a color-it-yourself-door-hanger (worthless, but I'm excited) and of course the pastries, which were an event within themselves.
Friday-Next to nothing, which was great. Class . . . in my pajamas. It was a battle getting there at all and the second I was home I was back on the couch, vegging. Veg. Ran more random errands in the afternoon. Babysat Scoot for an hour--cake. Bought Cooper his birthday gift, went to his dinner, then Heather's house. Then I did a "5 day countdown to mission" present for Justin. I'll miss him, so I'm avoiding the thought process with worthless nothing gifts.
For tomorrow I have Uganda training, which has been really enjoyable and I daresay fun the last few weeks, and then of course the Masquerade ball! But it will most definitely be an entry all within itself.
But anyway, good week.


0 comments: